How can your company benefit from eLearning – during and after this pandemic?Jul 03, 2020
Across the world, the spread of COVID-19 has caused profound changes in social interaction and business organizations. Travel restrictions, social distancing, remote working and cost cuts... During this time, new procedures and protocols are being implemented to accommodate these changes. How can business productivity be ensured during these extremely challenging times, for companies doing business globally? eLearning is part of the solution...
What is eLearning?
Alonso et al. describes eLearning as “The use of new multimedia technologies and internet to improve the quality of learning by facilitating access to resources and services while improving remote exchanges and collaboration.”
Implemented for several years in the education sector, today, eLearning is becoming a necessity in the professional world from large enterprises to start-ups. It is used to manage companies' employee development, upgrade their qualifications, teach new skills, or retrain them for a new position. Indeed, employee development and efficiency are extremely important for businesses today, and many organizations are turning to eLearning to save money, time, and energy. Even more now, when teams and partners across the world are not be able to meet face to face.
What are the benefits of eLearning in business?
- Cost reduction: Switching from physical trainings to eLearning reduces costs related to travel, learning materials, venues, and catering.
- Increased productivity: eLearning eliminates travel and increases flexibility, which is beneficial for the employees’ productivity.
- Better communication & collaboration: eLearning sessions are pre-recorded, and therefore rehearsed and based on best practices. The result is a high-quality training with an increased employee involvement.
- Available anywhere at any time: Employees all over the world get the same training content, which allows for company-wide consistent and standardized knowledge.
- Increased metrics: eLearning tools provide a way to track skill set development in employees. Statistics can be easily gathered and tracked, providing ready data on where the organization needs to increase training going forward.
How Pivot88 can help
When it comes to quality control and compliance teams, managers face an increased need to train their (often restructured) extended teams on new company initiatives and help them to be more efficient in their day-to-day activities. Onboarding new suppliers and providing training on new standards & procedures also becomes a challenge in times of social distancing and travel restrictions. Digital tools allow to develop a strong internal and external communication system, which is extremely valuable when team members and supply chain partners are no longer able to meet face to face.
PivotLearn Plus allows our clients to train not only their team, but also manufacturing partners, on various topics of their choice. It also enables them to globally track their training progress and allows them to share important information more efficiently.